Friday, March 23, 2012

Mock tourney successful

Today was a good day.  The mock tourney went pretty well this morning, minus the fact that our golfers were about 40 minutes behind scheduled time.  No biggy though!! It gave us interns a ton of opportunities to practice our pace of play policy.

We also were able to practice calling in rulings, as many of the volunteers golfing in this mock tournament were about at the talent level that I am, which, for those of you who know me, isn't that great.  Good for us interns though, because I actually think I know what a lateral water hazard is and what a player can do when they are granted cart path relief.  Thanks volunteers and AJGA staff members!

Sunrise off the 18th tee
Not too much else going on today.  I can tell you though that I am going to be an EXPERT at golf cart driving.  We get to drive everywhere!  I almost feel bad because we get to drive these carts all over, while all of the golfers and junior golfers are required to walk.  Everywhere.  It's actually a rule that we are not allowed to give them rides!!

After the tournament, we headed inside and pretty much did review for the rest of the day.  I was given my second set of shoes (Under Amour does in fact make a size 11), which I was very happy about, and we learned a little bit more about what Operations does for preparation and during the tournament.  I can say this: I am ready to start my first tournament.

Tomorrow is our last training day before we are set loose for good.  We have CPR training for 3 hours...not really looking forward to that, although I understand why it is necessary.  Then we have a packing party tomorrow and I can't believe how much equipment we are supposed to fit into those trailers. I mean those trailers are big, but I can't fathom how we are going to fit all of that equipment in it all at once!  This party is going to be out of control - I can feel it : )

We'll end the day with washing the cars, and then we are on our own.  Sunday is an off day, and then hitting the road to Savannah on Sunday morning at 7.  Then, it all begins!

Here's a picture of the AJGA headquarters.  This is the beautiful building I've been training in for the past week!

Not too much else going on.  Just been watching the NCAA games and can't believe that Ohio played so closely with UNC.  Love to see those mid-majors giving these big programs a run for their money!


No comments:

Post a Comment