Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Long days and lots of info

Whew...today was looooong. Left the hotel at 6:45...returned at 7:45 pm : )

Now, I knew when I applied to this internship that it was going to be long days, but these are definitely the longest days I have ever been a part of.  Straight learning at least.  There is so much information and rules that we need to learn that the long days ARE necessary.  However, it is tough sitting on your butt for hours and hours.  I do find solace in the fact that even though we will have this long of days or longer on the road, at least we will be able to be outside and busy working.  I know that this is all part of training, but they are still long, tough days.  Welcome to the real world Jenna!

However, these long days have definitely helped me get to know my teammates better.  They are all really great people; easy to be around, funny, easy-going, and hard-working.  The real test will be the first long road trip.  There is no escape when you are in a car going 70 on the interstate.  And we have a couple of long road trips.  This leads me to our schedule...

Here is the schedule my team, Team 2, will be following this spring:


March 30 – April 1:
Under Armour® / Jeff Overton Championship
Savannah Quarters Country Club – Pooler, Georgia
Tournament Director – Mark Finger
4 hours and 26 minutes – 279 miles

April 5 – 8:
Goodman Networks Junior at Traditions
Traditions Club at Texas A & M – Bryan, Texas
Tournament Director – Julie Kickbusch
17 hours and 40 minutes – 1,071 miles

April 13 – 15:
Under Armour® / Hunter Mahan Championship
Gleneagles Country Club – Queen’s Course – Plano, Texas
Tournament Director – Katie Jared
3 hours and 37 minutes – 199 miles

April 20 – 22:
Preseason Junior at Sterling
Sterling Country Club – Houston, Texas
Tournament Director – Sarah Butler
4 hours and 32 minutes – 258 miles

April 27 – 29:
Under Armour ® / Vicky Hurst Championship
Squire Creek Country Club – Choudrant, Louisiana
Tournament Director – Annie Giangrosso
5 hours and 55 minutes – 332 miles

May 4 – 6:
Preseason Junior at Prairie Landing
Prairie Landing Golf Club – West Chicago, Illinois
Tournament Director – Samantha Hirshberg
14 hours and 11 minutes – 828 miles

Back to Braselton, GA
13 hours and 30 minutes – 780 miles

Total miles driven: 3,747

Yep, that's a whopping 3 THOUSAND 747 miles : ) plenty of time to get to know my teammates!

I am very excited that my team is traveling more in the South. I really haven't seen much of the South, and I think that by driving everywhere, I will get to see much, much more than if I were to fly. Talking to a few of the other interns on different teams, I have found that a few haven't ever been where their teams are traveling to. One girl is from Georgia and has never been to the West Coast. Her team is driving first to Texas, then on to Arizona and California, as far North as San Francisco. Not only will this internship teach us all so much about the golf world, a successful sports business/nonprofit organization, but it also has given myself and many others the opportunity to see so much more of the country than we ever would have otherwise.

More training tomorrow and then we get to work a 'mock' tournament on Friday I think...the days are kind of getting lost and running together. But I didn't forget Modern Family is on tonight. I'm done here because I can't get enough of Phil Dunphy. 5 minutes until it starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment