Sunday, March 18, 2012

In the ATL

Here's the view from the air...descent into ATLANTA!!!

I have been preparing for this since I found out in December...heading to Atlanta to begin my internship with the AJGA.  And now that I'm here, I can hardly believe it.
The day started with an 8:30 departure out of Spokane International.  A relatively uneventful flight, it was nerve-racking none-the-less because of the size of the airplane.  It was a prop plane, which I've been on several times because of the flight from Phoenix to Flagstaff, but they are still small and rickety and scary. I was glad to make it to Seattle.

I had just a short layover in Seattle, but long enough to run into an old acquaintance from high school.  Funny who you run into sometimes...

Boarding the flight to Atlanta was quite an ordeal.  Of course, Delta had overbooked the flight, and they were offering $400 travel vouchers to anyone who would give up their seat.  It was tempting, as I am always looking for ways to get free things, but I just couldn't bring myself to arrive in Atlanta at 1 am Monday morning...that would be cutting it pretty close.

The flight to ATL was also quite uneventful.  Save for the fact that it was close to 5 hours long.  I am very proud of myself though, and I think my row-mates were happy because not ONCE did I have to get up to go to the bathroom.  For a window seat, I think that's pretty good.  However, my hydration is suffering a little at the moment.  Not drinking much H20 to avoid going pee tends to affect you in the long run...

I was able to meet 4 of my fellow teammates this evening.  All of them seem really great, and I'm excited to be working along side them.

Early morning tomorrow.  I am going to try to get up early to go workout...we depart for training at 8:10 am, so workout will have to start around 6:40ish...3:40 Spokane time.  Maybe I should take it easy the first day and just get used to the time change first.  But since when have I been realistic in an of my decisions concerning exercise?  Let's be real people.

Here's to the next two months of my life.  New experiences, new friends, lots of learning, and a whole lot of fun.

Miss you Spokane, but not enough to come back right away : )

No comments:

Post a Comment