Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bienvenue en Louisiane


We are on our way to Louisiana!  I am very excited for this new trip, as we have been in Texas for the last three weeks.  Nothing against Texas, but I’m ready for a new state.  Louisiana it is!

The route to Choudrant
This last tournament went by fast, but it was a lot of work.  Sure, we didn’t have a Junior-Am or a Qualifier, but somehow we managed to work our longest day yet.  On Saturday, we arrived at the course around 6:15 or 6:30, and I didn’t leave the course until 10:30.  I was the lucky intern who also was given the duty of driving one of our full-time staffers to the airport Sunday morning at 5:00 am.  Woke up at 4:40 after a short nap Saturday night : )  Luckily, I wasn’t as tired as I thought I would be Sunday, and actually ended up being more awake than the entire rest of the week!

Sunday morning I was also given a new assignment: starting players.  Now, this might not seem like a big deal, and it really isn’t, but I was excited about it.  I was also a little nervous about it, due to the fact that we have some tough names to pronounce.  Try to take a whack at these names:

Joseph Desmond Mullarky Ruiz-Zorilla (Not too hard to pronounce, but a mouthful)
Sarun Arjparu (This kid was awesome.  He is originally from Thailand)
Issa Abou el Ela (Such a great kid! He is originally from Egypt)
Byongjoon Park (Awesome kid! Tough name)

Anyway, you get the picture.  I messed up on a couple names.  Funny though it was Micah I messed up on…I said Michael instead.  Whoops!  All these juniors are really good sports about it, though I’m sure they get a good laugh out of it.  I’m sure it’s also very annoying when your name is always pronounced wrong.  I did my best though!

I have decided that I will name my child Zilksitysd (pronounced Lynn). 

Houston ended up on my good side toward the end of the week.  I wasn’t a fan in the beginning, but I think I can handle it in small doses if need be.  I was able to meet Hank Haney, stay with a great host family, visit my former teammate Tiffany, and meet some great new juniors and parents at the tournament.

We are now on our way to Choudrant (pronounce Shoedrint), Louisiana.  From what I hear, this course Squire Creek is supposed to be in impeccable condition.  I am really excited to see it! 


We only have about a five-hour drive from Houston, essentially backtracking from our initial trip into Texas.  Louisiana here we come!  Gonna get me some frog legs and Cajun shrimp gumbo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment